Applications for BUEPT on 12 September 2023
SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES (SFL/YADYOK)
THE ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM (BUEPT) AND THE TEST OF WRITTEN ENGLISH (TWE)
This page contains important information about Boğaziçi University English Proficiency Exam (BUEPT/BÜYES) and TWE (Writing Exam) applications, which will be held on September 12, 2023. Please read the information on this page carefully.
Please read the section titled RULES TO BE APPLIED ON THE EXAM DAY at the bottom of the page. You must come to the exam hall only with the items mentioned in this section and must not bring prohibited items. On the day of the exam, no personal lockers will be provided to store any of the prohibited items.
EXAM DATE: September 12, 2023
BUEPT: 10:00 – 14:30 (Examinees must be at their exam locations by 09:00 at the latest.)
TWE : 13:00 – 14:30 (Examinees must be at their exam locations by 12:00 at the latest.)
Registration process consists of two steps, which are filling out the application form and paying the exam fee. The steps to be followed by different groups of examinees are specified below.
Please read all the information provided on this page.
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES:
September 4, 2023, 10:00 – September 10, 2023, 23:59
Registration system will have been closed by September 10, 2023, 23:59.
Information regarding the exam rooms will be announced on the SFL’s website http://yadyok.boun.edu.tr by September 11, 2023.
Exam results will be announced on the SFL’s website http://yadyok.boun.edu.tr on September 19, 2023.
OBJECTION TO EXAM RESULTS:
The examinees wishing to object to the results of BÜYES/BUEPT and TWE exams are required to fill out an online objection form on www.registration.boun.edu.tr by 16:30, September 19, 2023 at the latest.
1st STEP: FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM
BOGAZICI UNIVERSITY ENGLISH PREPARATORY SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Incoming students of the 2023/2024 Academic Year wishing to take the BUEPT or the TWE HAVE TO REGISTER for but they DO NOT HAVE TO PAY AN EXAM FEE.
- English Preparatory School students of the 2022/2023 Academic Year DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER OR PAY AN EXAM FEE for the BUEPT.
- Students who attended the SFL (YADYOK) English Preparatory School and whose current status is ENROLLED Remedial HAVE to regIster, but they DO NOT HAVE TO pay an exam fee.
- Students who attended the SFL (YADYOK) English Preparatory School and whose current status is UNENROLLED Remedial HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY AN EXAM FEE.
- Students who were placed in the university in 2020 and before and have been dismissed from the preparatory school HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY AN EXAM FEE.
Incoming students THROUGH TURKISH EXAMINATION SYSTEM (ÖSYM) of the 2023/2024 Academic Year wishing to take the BUEPT or the TWE HAVE TO REGISTER for exams through http://registration.boun.edu.tr/buis/buisapps/incoming.aspx . They need to enter their ID Numbers (TC Kimlik No) as well as their names and last names as registered in ÖSYM’s system. Then they will need to provide all the required information. They DO NOT HAVE TO PAY AN EXAM FEE.
If you are and ENROLLED Remedial or UNENROLLED Remedial student, you must go online at http://registration.boun.edu.tr to register for the BUEPT or the TWE. Then, log onto the “Student Information” page as an ÖBİKAS user and using your ÖBİKAS user name and password, and fill in the Proficiency Exam Application Form.
Please note that if you are LEFT-HANDED, you must select the “Left Handed” option in the “ID Info” section on the main menu.
Students who have a valid TOEFL® IBT or IELTS (Academic) score which has been received within the last 2 years and meets the minimum overall requirement (TOEFL® IBT 79; IELTS Academic 6.5) but not the minimum Writing requirement (TOEFL® IBT Writing: min. 22, IELTS Academic Writing: min. 6.5) can take the TWE, which will be given on the same day with BUEPT/BÜYES at 13:00. These students HAVE TO present their score sheets to the SFL Student Affairs Office by 16:30 on September 8, 2023, at the latest. This way, their names can be added to the TWE list. After the exam results are announced, if they pass the TWE, they HAVE TO bring their official TOEFL® IBT or IELTS (Academic) Score Reports to the SFL (YADYOK) Student Affairs Office to have them validated and then submit the validation letter to the Registrar’s Office.
Non-BU Applicants HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY AN EXAM FEE.
In order for these applicants to register for the BUEPT or the TWE, they need to go to http://registration.boun.edu.tr/BUIS/BUISAPPS/ExtProfApplication.aspx and if they do not have a user account, they need to create a “user account” so that they can use the registration system.
Applicants have to select the “BUEPT” option as the exam type. However, those who have a valid TOEFL® IBT or IELTS (Academic) score which has been received within the last 2 years and meets the minimum overall requirement (TOEFL® IBT 79; IELTS Academic 6.5) but not the minimum Writing requirement (TOEFL® IBT Writing: min. 22, IELTS Academic Writing: min. 6.5) may select the TWE option and take the TWE, which will be given on the same day with BUEPT/BÜYES at 13:00.
After the exam results are announced, if they pass the TWE, they HAVE TO bring their official TOEFL/Academic IELTS Score Report to the SFL (YADYOK) Student Affairs Office to have it validated. Otherwise, their TWE score will be considered invalid.
2nd STEP: PAYING THE EXAM FEE
Once the online registration process is completed, examinees WHO HAVE TO PAY AN EXAM FEE can make a payment in two ways:
- Through a Garanti Bank ATM or branch (Payments -> University Payments-> Boğaziçi University -> BUEPT/BÜYES Exam Fee).
- Through the Garanti Bank online banking system at www.garanti.com.tr (Payments -> University Payments-> Boğaziçi University -> BUEPT/BÜYES Exam Fee).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not transfer any exam fees between accounts or use the EFT process.
Bogazici University English Preparatory Students pay the exam fee using their Student ID numbers whereas other applicants use their ID numbers (T.C Kimlik No) and international applicants, their Passport numbers.
FOR STUDENTS WHOSE STATUS IS UNENROLLED REMEDIAL:
BUEPT: 800 TL;
TWE (Yazma): 320 TL;
Reading (Okuma): 240 TL;
Listening (Dinleme): 240 TL
FOR NON-BU APPLICANTS:
BUEPT: 1600 TL (Sınavın tümüne girecek adaylar için)
Writing (TWE): 1000 TL (Sadece Yazma Sınavı’na girecek adaylar için)
- Applicants who have not completed their registration or made a payment by the dates and times specified above will not be admitted to the exam.
- Payments cannot be made without the completion of online registration.
- Exam fees will not be reimbursed after the exams have been given.
- You are required to bring 2 photo ID’s (National Identity Card, Driver’s License, Student Card, Passport, etc.). If the photographs on the examinees ID’s are not current or do not bear a resemblance to you, you may be asked to show another form of ID.
RULES TO BE APPLIED ON THE EXAM DAY
- In order to ensure the safety of Boğaziçi University English Proficiency Test (BÜYES/BUEPT or TWE), you can ONLY bring the following items into the examination hall:
- 2 official photo IDs (T.R. ID card, Passport, Boğaziçi University Student Card, T.R. Driver’s Licence)
- A city bus card (without the case)
- Coins or bills
- Water in a transparent bottle
- Keys (without keychains)
- Students CANNOT enter the exam hall with the following items:
- Pen, pencil or any kind of stationery (A pen will be provided to each student by proctors)
- Mobile phones or any type of communication tools
- Computers or pocket computers
- Any kind of smart watches
- Any type of bags, purses or wallets
- Students who are detected with any of the following items will be removed from the exam hall and their exams will be canceled. Please be aware that bringing these items may also result in disciplinary charges. By registering for the exam, you accept these rules mentioned above.